At Breakout, a Techstars-backed company, we’re facilitators of strategic fun, building the global platform to help businesses develop strong company culture no matter where their employees are based.
We believe that teams that have fun together are happier, perform better, and stick together. And, help companies like Adobe, Duolingo, and Dropbox build meaningful bonds through virtual events that shrink the distances between us, physical and otherwise.
You can learn more at our site: www.breakout.chat.
We’re Looking for a Shipping Manager
As the Shipping Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations that support the packing and shipping of event kits for our virtual experiences. These are small supply boxes in the style of boutique subscription boxes that provide the materials needed for an event. The ideal candidate will have a passion for shipping, efficiency and delighting customers. As part of the Breakout team, you’ll support our mission to help remote employees feel more connected and happy in their work by ensuring they have fun experience kits to accompany their events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating shipping labels and tracking our shipments to ensure on-time delivery, including following up with carriers and recipients to resolve issues, posting daily status reports to Slack, and communicating any red flags to the Operations and Customer Success teams.
- Manage our inventory order and receiving process from end to end, including forecasting, placing orders, creating purchase orders, receiving and processing daily deliveries, managing perishables, and developing inventory management processes.
- Work with Fulfillment Supervisor to create and maintain an efficient organizational system for inventory, including keeping items separated, stocking bins, rotating inventory, and managing expiration dates of perishables.
- Supervise part-time Fulfillment Associates to fulfill daily event kit orders, including the packing of kits according to our company processes and assuring product quality standards.
- Deep understanding of our events, inventory, and kit packing procedures. Willingness and ability to pack kits if needed.
- Research and source materials for the development of new kits. Negotiate with vendors as needed.
- Look for efficiency gains and cost optimization by changing processes, sourcing new kit materials, and seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Basic upkeep and maintenance of the office facility including tidying up, ordering and stocking office supplies, and maintaining a good relationship with our landlords.
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned and cross train on other tasks within the Shipping Department.
- 3 to 5 years of shipping experience, such as e-commerce fulfillment, inventory management, logistics, or sourcing. Experience with international shipping or sourcing from China is a plus. Event or production experience is also welcome - tell us how your experience is applicable in your cover letter!
- Superior skills in the areas of organization, efficiency, management, and attention to detail.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities for efficiency optimization across systems and processes. Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and report on warehouse performance.
- A tech savvy, quick learner with the ability to pick up new software, systems, and processes with ease and autonomy. Experience with Google Suite, Airtable, Katana, and ShipStation is a plus.
- High level of comfort working under pressure to meet deadlines. Excellent time-management skills to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player with strong communication skills and a positive, can-do attitude. Willingness to collaborate and actively contribute to a small team.
- Interest in joining a rapidly growing and evolving startup. This role is ideal for someone who is comfortable with a little bit of chaos and ambiguity, who loves building things from the ground up and scaling them. Someone who is willing to wear many hats and go the extra mile.
- This is a physically active position. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Handiness/craftiness and an eye for aesthetics preferred. Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- This is an in-person position, reporting to our homebase in DUMBO, Brooklyn. We have a 1200 sq ft. office space which holds our inventory and where our fulfillment takes place. We do not have a warehouse, trucking, equipment, etc.
- This is a full-time position with flexibility between the hours of 9am - 7pm, Monday-Friday. Flexibility to work from home 1 out of 5 days/week when our shipping schedule allows.
- Compensation is $50K to $65K, plus equity.
- Unlimited PTO (with approval)
- Medical + dental + health insurance
- HealthAdvocate health care support
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Monthly team-building fun