As an account coordinator, you will be responsible for managing our relationships with our clients, ensuring they have a great experience by running a smooth post-sales process with exceptional customer service. You will also be responsible for helping our clients get the most out of their relationship with Breakout.
Background on Breakout:
Breakout creates virtual experiences designed to bond together remote teams. We’re helping thousands of employees feel more connected and happier at work at the Fortune 500 and unicorn startups. You can learn more at our site: www.breakout.chat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping to define our customer onboarding and account management process.
- Setting up new clients in our system, creating estimates and processing sales orders.
- Completing any necessary documentation to set Breakout up as a vendor with customers.
- Being the main point of contact for our customers, troubleshooting and answering questions.
- Support sales and account management activities including but not limited to working directly with brand partners, creating client facing materials (collateral), conducting performance analyses, and helping drive incremental revenue.
- Project managing smaller events, such as getting them set up in our system, confirming host and assistant availability and handling logistics.
- Field inbound inquiries
- Funneling customer feedback back to the appropriate internal team.
- Strong organizational skills, quick learner and ability to be flexible and patient in a fast-paced fun and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a demonstrated history in client satisfaction
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Technologically savvy with a proficiency in Google Spreadsheets and Google Docs and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with client contacts at all levels
- Minimum 1 to 2 years in a sales or account coordinator role.
- This is a remote WFH, full time position.