As an event host, you will be guiding teams through virtual experiences designed to help them engage with each other in a meaningful way. Experiences range from parlor games, to developing new skills like tie dyeing, pasta making and more. As part of the Breakout team, you’ll support our mission to help remote employees feel more connected and happy in their work.
Breakout creates virtual experiences designed to bond together remote teams. We’re helping thousands of employees feel more connected and happier at work at companies like Duolingo, Justworks, Capital One and Google. You can learn more at our site: www.breakout.chat.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hosting or tech assisting live virtual events
- For hosting. being able to follow an event script and give clear instructions while still making it your own and adapting to the audience
- For tech-assisting, setting up Breakout rooms, screen sharing and running any other technical components of the event
- Interacting with people in all levels within a company, from junior employees to C-suite executives, while making all of them feel welcome and comfortable
- Working closely with the Creative Producer & production team to prepare for, rehearse and execute events
- Regular and timely communications around scheduling and event preparation
- Demonstrated experience in customer facing roles such as restaurants, events and entertainment. Experience acting, hosting or facilitating, a plus.
- Competent with technology and able to learn new technical skills quickly. Being adept at Google Meet, Zoom & Microsoft Teams already, a plus.
- Access to a personal computer device with video and audio capabilities (don't let your old computer stop you from applying! We can provide a device for successful candidates)
- Access to reliable internet that can stream video calls.
- Must have flexible and regular availability from 12pm - 8pm ET Monday through Friday
- This is a remote, work for hire contractor position. Hours may vary from week to week
- Compensation ranges from $30-50 hourly, depending on experience