As the office manager, you will be overseeing the daily needs of our operations hub: our office in DUMBO. Priorities include overseeing the packing and shipping of all of our event kits that enhance our virtual experiences. As part of the Breakout team, you’ll support our mission to help remote employees feel more connected and happy in their work. This role is ideal for someone who loves building things from the ground up and scaling them.
Background on Breakout
Breakout creates virtual experiences designed to bond together remote teams. We’re helping thousands of employees feel more connected and happier at work at companies like Duolingo, Justworks, Capital One and Google. You can learn more at our site: www.breakout.chat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office Management:
- Maintain order and cleanliness in our 1475 sq ft space
- Sustain a workspace environment that reflects our company culture
- Maintain relationships with our vendors & shipping services
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with Operations Manager & other team members
- Packing and Shipping:
- Work with production team to design & oversee kit packing procedures
- Pack and ship kits to the participants of our events based on daily orders
- Train, schedule, and manage overhire fulfillment associates as needed
- Maintain packing documentation
- Inventory Management:
- Keep inventory separated, organized, and in good rotation
- Place inventory orders, receive and process daily deliveries
- Maintain inventory documentation
- Perform quarterly inventory counts
- Superior skills in organization, time management, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Comfort working under pressure to reach deadlines at our fast-growing start up
- Team player with strong communication skills. Ability to be flexible and patient in a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic environment
- Continuous improvement mindset to assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes of the role
- This is a physically active position. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Handiness and craftiness preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- 1+ year experience in a management role. Note: If you have a different type of experience, please apply and address it in your cover letter. We love artistic, theatrical experience
- This is an in-person position, reporting daily to our homebase in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
- This is a full-time position. Must have availability Monday-Friday 10AM to 6:30PM
- Covid Protocols:
- Covid-19 vaccinated is strongly preferred.
- Masking in office is required regardless of vaccination status
- Hand sanitizer available
- Routine sanitizing of high touch points